Wednesday, November 9, 2016

2013


Dear Friends and Family,

We hope you are all doing well.  This is what we have been up to this year.

Jason started his 3rd year of teaching art in our Guernsey school. This year is different because he is teaching AP classes and other classes that can give high school students college credit.  
Also, this year he is coaching high school basketball.  He is the assistant coach.  He had a successful garden this year and accomplished his goal of canning lots of tomatoes and salsa.  He continues to serve in our church as the second counselor in the bishopric (1) and I am grateful to have him as a husband and father for our kids.

I am pregnant and due February 9th.  Most of you know I had a miscarriage earlier this year and so I have been pregnant most of the year.  I was excited to get pregnant again after the miscarriage, but this has been a hard pregnancy.  I’m not sure why. 
Some good things about this year are that I learned a song on the piano I’ve always wanted to learn, I took a cooking class, and I just finished a guitar class.  I drove to Laredo, Texas by myself and back with the kids in February and I harvested some beets and herbs from my garden.  I love being a mom. I am grateful for this opportunity I have to raise Isa and Parley.


Isa started kindergarten this year. Isa loves to dance, play with her dolls, and play dress up.  Her favorite part of school is lunchtime and her best friend is a little boy named Chase.  Some new things she’s done this year are make a simple quilt for the new baby, she learned to tie a knot, and she can stand on her head on the couch and do a “back flip” on the couch. Her favorite family activities are doing plays after scriptures and making dessert.  She wants you to know she did a somersault at the church talent show and that she got caps on her teeth. Also, she is learning to read.



Parley is now almost 2 years old.  He chipped his front tooth by falling off a stepping stool. He loves to sing. He is known in church and in our community for his singing,  not so much because it is good (and it is, for a two year old), but because he is often doing it.  For a while there he would sing to himself before going to sleep, and then we would hear him singing in the mornings before he came out of his bed.  He is pretty social and likes nursery (infant and young children's class at church).  He has good teachers, Sister Grider and Sister McDonald.  When he gets around bigger boys at church or his uncles, he likes to wrestle. He also loves dogs.


Well, we wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope to hear from you soon.

Love,

Jason, Tally, Isa and Parley Harmon.


Playing a board game on a Sunday afternoon
(1) At church a bishopric is in charge of a ward. A ward is made up of people that go to a church depending on where you live. Our ward at the time was called the Wheatland Ward and included anyone who lived in Wheatland, Chugwater, or Guernsey Wyoming. A bishop is like the father of the ward. He has two counselors to help him with all the needs and organizations within that ward. Jason was the second counselor for over three years.